Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > 2013 Hyundai Elantra unable to erase SRS...
2013 Hyundai Elantra unable to erase SRS fault codes

2884 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-08 19:40:45

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
    Mobile Auto Diagnostics
    2015-03-19 20:05:59
     Was called out to a body shop to clear the SRS codes after repair with my MS908. The car is a 2013 US model Hyundai Elantra built in Alabama , I managed to read the vin and find the exact model details but when I did a full auto scan it came up with a question mark alongside the SRS control module. I managed to read the codes through the 'event 1' and 'event 2' tabs but when you go back to erase the fault codes I get a message that says ' This mode is not supported' ??? 
    Support can you look into this. I did record the event and sent the file to you whilst still connected to the car.
    Seems rather odd that you can read fault codes but not erase them !

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
      Some times codes in memory that can't be erased while you are in the module can't be erased but sometimes backing up and selecting the quick erase button from the completed  auto scan page they will erase along with the other modules codes(hard codes can not be erased if a wiring issue has not been resolved)

•   Level 6   
    (707) points

I agree with Witsend. I have erased many an error with the quick erase button on my MS 908 that would have issues like you mentioned. Enjoy

•   Level 5   
    (275) points
     I think the SRS module may need to be replaced, I did one for a body shop several months ago, needed to get a 4 digit code from Hyundai to initiate the module.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
                            Check repairs after a collision in All-data if any crash event occurred module replacement required (common) . All information is from crash and frozen try inducing some sensor fault to be sure. Some manufacturers lock after one deployment others can be reset up to three times if particular manufacturer reached limit at two your done get a box.
  Total1 Pages